For those, who are living in Estonia, bring Estonian or other nationalities which are not in Vietnam Visa Exemption list. How many ways to apply Vietnam visa for Estonia citizens? They are required Visa to Vietnam and can apply for visa in two ways as below.
Ways to apply Vietnam visa for Estonia citizens
Applying Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy
If you would like to apply Vietnam visa for Estonia citizens in person at Vietnam Embassy in Estonia, You have to pay attention to the following subjects:
- Visa administrative institution: Vietnam Embassy
- Processing time: It depends on how fast you need. In order to make sure about that please make a phone call to Vietnam Embassy for more details.
- Required documents: Original passport + money + 02 passport size photos + 1 new envelope with stamp on it and your exact home address in order to avoid losing issues.
The documents to apply visa at the embassy/ consulate are normally included:
- Application form.
- Passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam and still has at least two blank pages.
- Recent passport-sized color photos (Image must be taken within the last 3 months; Photos should be in color and should be taken against a white background; Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)).
- Relating documents basing on particular embassy/ consulate request.
- Make sure that your passport still remains minimum 6 months validity and at least 2 blank pages before applying Vietnam visa online
- Visa on arrival is only applicable for travelling by air to Vietnam
Applying Vietnam visa on arrival
Vietnam visa on arrival is applicable for who travelling by air to Vietnam and living far from Vietnam Embassy.
- Visa administrative institution: Vietnam Immigration Department by applying on website http://visaonlinevietnam.com/apply-vietnam-visa-form
- Processing time: 2 working days for normal service, 2 – 8 working hours for emergency service or urgent service
- Required documents: No documents needed
How to Ways to apply Vietnam visa for Estonia citizens online?
Step 1: Fill in the form
The sponsor will send to you the form to apply. You only need to fill in the form with your personal information and kinds of visa you want to apply. It includes:
- Purpose of visit (tourist or business)
- Visa type (1 month single entry, 1 month multiple entries, 3 months single entry, 3 months multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries, 1 year multiple entries)
- Port of arrival (Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi City, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City, Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City, Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island, Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong City).
- Entry date, Exit date
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number, Passport expiration date
Step 2: Make online payment
After completing to fill in the form, you will receive an online payment notification. At this step, you can make payment by Credit card via PayPal. It is safe and easy to do. After finishing to make payment, you immediately receive an email informing about your order with detailed information. Your job is to wait for the result. It takes about 2 working days for basic services or faster if you choose urgent services.
Step 3: Receive Approval letter
Within 2 working days, the sponsor sends to you an email with Approval letter attached. For this Approval letter, you have to check carefully to make sure the information is correct. If there are any mistakes or errors, you need to contact to the Vietnam sponsor to revise it to the correct one. This visa approval letter helps you when you get in airplane and it’s required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
Step 4: When you come to Vietnam
On arrival at your destination airport, you are required to submit your visa approval letter + passport + Vietnamese visa application form, then waiting to be called for paying the visa stamping fee to get your visa. Therefore, you have to prepare these following documents:
- Print a hard copy of approval letter to show for boarding airplane (the airline staffs check the approval letter before they allow you to board), and it is required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
- Take at least 2 passport-sized color photos (straight face, no hat or glasses, white or bright background).
- Fill in the Vietnamese visa application form and attach the photos (Some sponsors send this form to you when you apply visa with them so that you can fill in it in advance).
- Note that your original passport must valid at least 6 months from the arrival date with at least 2 blank pages.
- Prepare cash for paying visa stamp fee on arrival. It is the fee paying for Vietnam government to get visa stamped on your passport, and has been paid on cash on the arrival date. You should prepare it in US Dollars instead of Vietnam Dong or other currencies to avoid exchange rate difference. This fee is different from the types of visa you apply. You can see the below table for reference.
|Type of Visa||Stamp Fee|
|One month single||25 USD|
|One month multiple||50 USD|
|Three months single||25 USD|
|Three months multiple||50 USD|
|Six months multiple||95 USD|
|One year multiple||135 USD|
After receiving your visa on Visa Counter, you check it again. If there are any mistakes or errors, you ask the immigration officer to revise it. After that, you can enter Vietnam.
Exception and other notes
- Special note
Visa Approval Letter allow you to enter Vietnam by air only. In case you enter Vietnam by seaport of land crossing please contact with Vietnam embassy at your location to get visa stamped before your departure. Currently there is no Vietnam embassy/consulate in Estonia.
Phu Quoc Island, classified as a Special Economic zone, remains the only destination in Vietnam where all nationalities are exempted visa up to 15 days. To be eligible for Phu Quoc visa exemption, you must have passport at least 6 month validity; round trip ticket from Phu Quoc to another country rather than Vietnam. Tourists will need visa to visit other parts of Vietnam if they do not have any other exemption.
Besides, for Visa On Arrival, you still have some special supporting packages:
- Express Service: It takes 2 working days for processing Approval letter, excludes Saturday, Sunday & Vietnam’s holidays. If you need the visa urgently, you can add on this service. This service allows you to get the approval letter faster. For example, you can get the approval letter within 1 working hour, 4 working hours, 8 working houses, 1 working day, etc.
- Privacy Protection: For the standard service, you share the approval letter with many other customers and all applicants’ details are printed on the one letter. The other customers who share the same approval letter with you can know your personal information. The privacy protection service allows you to keep your information more secret. For example, you can choose “one person in one letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your name inside, and “your group in the same letter” if you want to own the approval letter with only your group’s name inside.
- On Arrival Support: You normally pick up the visa by yourself at the visa counter when you arrive. With the standard support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, taking care of all procedures necessary to get the visa stamped on your passport. With VIP support, the staffs meet you in front of the visa counter with a welcome board, receive your passport and give it back with the visa in 5-10 minutes, then escorting you to check out via the VIP gate.
- Depending on the service you choose, you have to pay extra money. Please check with the sponsor you apply visa to know the fee exactly.
Fee for Applying Vietnam Visa On Arrival
The total fee you have to pay to get Visa On Arrival = Visa service fee + Visa stamp fee + Supporting Services
- Visa service fee: Fee paying for the sponsor in Vietnam to arrange approval letter from Vietnam Immigration Department. Please note that it is unable to get visa on arrival without the approval letter. This fee depends on your nationality and type of visa you choose.
- Visa stamp fee: Fee paying to get visa stamped on your passport when you collect your visa on arrival at airports of Vietnam or at embassy of Vietnam in your country. You cannot pay this fee in advance via any sponsor or any travel agent. It is different from the type of visa you want to get. Please see the table mentioned in “Applying Visa On Arrival Procedure” for your reference.
- Supporting Services: Add-on service in case you need some special supports from the time processing your approval letter to the date of arrival.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Tallinn, Pärnu, Tartu, Kuressaare, Otepää, Viljandi, Valga, Sillamäe, Martna or any cities in Estonia. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
In summary, in accordance with Vietnam current laws, it is not difficult to obtain Visa to Vietnam. You can choose to do in the traditional way – going to you country’s Vietnam embassy or consultant, with necessary documents, applying and waiting for 5-7 working days to get the result. Or you can choose a sponsor in Vietnam to apply for Visa On Arrival. This visa allows you to stay in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. Furthermore, you can enter Vietnam 1 time or many times.
Visa On Arrival is in simple procedure (simple documents, only fill in the form with personal information and type of visa, no need to submit any original documents), with short processing time (about 2 working days for getting the result), urgent service support (from 1-8 hours for getting visa with additional fee) and On Arrival service support (pick up on arrival, help to get visa stamp (with Visa On Arrival), escort to check out via the VIP gate). That is the reason why tourists coming to Vietnam usually choose this type of visa instead of the traditional way.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.