Following to the travel wave all over the world, Vietnam is in list top of places that you should visit once in your life. Almost all citizens from countries need to hold a visa when entering Vietnam, but there also has exemption.
What are Vietnam visa requirements for Finnish citizens and other citizens? Let’s discover this article!
Do citizens of Finland need a visa to visit Vietnam?
At present, Finnish citizens are free for 15 days of Vietnam Visa, that means a stay in Vietnam less than 15 days does not require you to apply visa. In case, you want to stay more than 15 days, you must apply Vietnam Visa in advance.
(Note: According to Vietnam immigration law, to be eligible for visa exemption, your passport must have at least six months’ validity. If you wish to enter Vietnam at least two consecutive times without visa, the next entry must be at least 30 days after the previous exit. If you enter Viet Nam the first time with visa, then the next entry without visa can be less than 30 days after your previous exit).
What happens if you are not Finnish citizens? We will give you a list of countries exempt from the visa. Please look up to know whether you need a visa or not.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
How to visit Vietnam with 15 days of free Visa for Finnish citizens?
According to Vietnam visa exemption, Vietnam visa requirements for Finnish citizens allow all Finland passport holders traveling for tourism or business to enter Vietnam for a maximum of 15 days without a visa.
To get free visa, you just use your passport and visit Vietnam and enter Vietnam by any ports from Air by airplane to Land by bus, train… or Sea by ship, cruise…
When you arrive Vietnam, please directly come to Immigration Check-in counter to get the blue stamp into your passport. This stamp will say that you can stay in Vietnam for 15 days from your arrival date.
No cost and no other documents are required.
How many ways could citizens of Finland apply for a visa to Vietnam?
As we said above, with a stay more than 15 days, Finnish passport holders need to apply Vietnam visa, according to Vietnam visa requirements for Finnish citizens.
Whether you are living in Finland or currently traveling in one other country outside Finland, you can also follow these instructions to obtain a Visa to Vietnam.
If you hold passport of Finland, you have two options to apply for a Vietnam visa
1. Apply via Vietnam Embassy in Finland
Please come personally to a closest Vietnam embassy during business hours to apply for your visa. The visa procedure and visa fee may vary from embassy to embassy and it normally takes you at least 3 to 5 working days to get your Vietnam visa.
- Complete application form with correct and exact required information
- Leave the original passport for checking
- Answer some questions (if required )
- Make a payment for the Visa Fee
- Get the Visa done after 5 working days.
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Finland
Address: Kulosaarentie 12, 00570 Helsinki
Tel: +358-9- 622 99 011
Website: Vietnam Embassy in Finland
2. Apply Vietnam Visa Online for the approval letter to pick up the Visa at Vietnam airport
This method is very convenient, fast, reasonable and secure. You just stay at home, access the Internet, apply Online and it is done in couple of minutes!
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department in Vietnam
- Processing time: 1 – 2 working days
- Secure 100%
- No passport send-off
If you do not know what is Visa On Arrival, in general, it is a kind of visa that after filling out an online application and paying for fees, applicants will get approval letters issued by the Immigration Dept of Vietnam a few working days later. This letter will let the applicant be able to get visa stamped upon arrival at any Vietnam international airports.
Below is simple steps:
- Access this website visaonlinevietnam.com and fill in the application form.
- Double check your information and make a payment. This is the service fee for the visa agent to proceed with your visa application.
- Receive an approval letter within days you choose. Normally, it takes you in 2 working days to get the letter.
- When you arrive at a Vietnam international airport, please present the approval letter, your passport, 2 passport photos (4×6 cm or 2×2 inches) and pay stamping fee to get your Vietnam visa.
You should be noted:
- Service fee: This is the fee you pay visa agent for applying your visa request.
- Stamping fee: This is the fee ruled by the Immigration Department that you have to pay in cash at your arrival airport to be granted a Vietnam visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months and have at least 2 blanked left pages.
- ONLY person who travel by AIR to Vietnam can use Visa On Arrival.
Vietnam visa extension for Finnish passport holder
One of Vietnam visa requirements for Finnish citizens is Visa Extension. Foreigners in general and Finnish passport holders in particular are only permitted to stay in Vietnam for 06 maximum continuous months, according to the provisions of the Government of Vietnam.
If passenger has visa expired without further extension, passenger will be fined due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
Passenger entering at Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City will easily extend and save cost than at Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang, Nha Trang.
There are many kind of procedures for Vietnam visa extension for Finnish people depending on their purpose, such as tourism, trade, work, relative visit. Each purpose has different requirements.
Work Permits for Finnish Passport Holders
The last Vietnam visa requirements for Finnish citizens is work permits, it is used for Thai employees coming to work in Vietnam. They should prepare following documents to save the time to come back your country:
- The judicial profile issued by the authority of the resident country and is governed by the foreign diplomatic of that country. Foreigners should ask for some copies to use in other cases.
- The certificate of at least 5 year working experience of company which should be governed by the foreign diplomatic of that country. The foreigners should ask for some copies of this document.
- Other related certificates or degrees should be governed.
Of course, Work permits are limited and if it is nearly out of date, they have to make Vietnam Visa extension. Before at least 10 days but not more than 30 days before the existing permit expires, the foreign employers working in Vietnam must submit documents to renew work permit to local Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Service in which were initially granted the permit.