Citizens from the 2 countries: Vietnam and Finland are nowadays easy to move to each other because of the loosen rule. Although some foreigners when entering Vietnam need to apply for a Vietnam visa, Vietnam also has a policy that allows citizens from some countries enter without it. Are you the residents of countries which are included in the Vietnam visa exemption list currently?
Finnish citizens can apply for a visa extension to stay in Vietnam for a longer period of time than their original visa allows. There are two types of visa extensions available: single entry and multiple entry. A single entry visa extension allows the holder to enter Vietnam once during the extended period of time, while a multiple entry visa extension allows the holder to enter Vietnam multiple times during the extended period of time.
To apply for a Vietnam visa extension, Finnish citizens must submit the following documents:
- A completed visa extension application form
- A passport-sized photo
- A copy of their passport biodata page
- A copy of their current visa
- A fee (varies depending on the type of visa extension and the length of the extension)
Visa extensions can be applied for at the following locations:
- Vietnamese embassies and consulates abroad
- Immigration offices in Vietnam
The processing time for visa extensions varies, but it is typically a few days.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Vietnam visa extension for Finnish citizens:
- Complete the visa extension application form. The form can be downloaded from the website of the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country, or from the website of the Vietnamese Immigration Department.
- Attach a passport-sized photo to the application form. The photo should be recent and in color.
- Make a copy of your passport biodata page and your current visa.
- Pay the visa extension fee. The fee varies depending on the type of visa extension and the length of the extension. You can pay the fee in cash or by credit card at the embassy or consulate, or at the immigration office in Vietnam where you are applying for the extension.
- Submit the completed application form, passport copy, visa copy, and fee to the embassy or consulate, or to the immigration office in Vietnam.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be given a receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, as you will need it to pick up your visa extension.
The processing time for visa extensions varies, but it is typically a few days. Once your visa extension has been processed, you will be notified by the embassy or consulate, or by the immigration office in Vietnam.
To pick up your visa extension, you will need to present your receipt and your passport. You will also need to pay a stamping fee.
Detail List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
|Country||Maximum Stay Duration||Purpose of Visit Restrictions|
|Chile||90 days||Entries that do not include remunerated activities.|
|Panama||90 days||Entries that do not include remunerated activities.|
|South Korea||15 days||None|
|United Kingdom||15 days||None|
Please note: The visa exemption policy is subject to change at any time, so it is always best to check the latest information with the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your home country.
- Visa exemptions are only valid for regular passport holders. Citizens of these countries who hold diplomatic or official passports may be subject to different visa requirements.
- Visa exemptions are typically only valid for tourism purposes. Citizens of these countries who wish to work, study, or volunteer in Vietnam may need to apply for a visa.
- Visa exemptions do not guarantee entry to Vietnam. Vietnamese immigration officials have the right to deny entry to any visitor, regardless of their nationality or visa status.
- Foreign passports are exempted from visa requirements to Phu Quoc island for no longer than 30 days. If they transit through other international airports in Vietnam before arriving Phu Quoc, they are still eligible for the exemption.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders with valid passports are exempted from Vietnam visa requirements for a stay of no longer than 60 days.
- If your country is in Vietnam visa exemption list, you will be able to visit Vietnam without a visa, but you can only stay in this country during the limited period. A longer stay will required you a Vietnam visa. For example, Finnish citizens want to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days, they still need to apply for it.
We hope the article below can supply you knowledge about Vietnam Visa Exemption and answer the question whether you need a Vietnam visa or not. Do you have any question that we do not list? Please let us know by leaving a comment or access the Vietnam Embassy in Finland for further information, this is provided for news and service purpose