Whoever living in Sweden has Swedish or other nationalities which are not in the Vietnam Visa exemption list that must have Visa to enter Vietnam. How to apply Vietnam visa for Sweden citizens?
Vietnam Visa Exemption for Swedish citizens
Citizens of Sweden won’t need a visa if staying for less than 15 days. A gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free visits is required. You have to apply for a visa if intending to stay for more than 15 days OR if you do not meet the above requirement regarding the 30-day gap.
Besides, there are two cases that you can travel to Vietnam without Visa
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
How to apply Vietnam visa for Sweden citizens?
There are many ways to apply Vietnam visa for Sweden citizens. Here are three most popular ways. You can consider in order that you can choose the most suitable one.
Applying visa at Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Sweden
This is what many people usually do when they think about applying visa. The first thing you have to do is find out the Vietnam embassy or consulate address in your nation. Preparing all necessary documents for applying visa on the appointment date is your next step. If your current living nation doesn’t have Vietnam embassy or consulate, you need to go to the nearest nation having them to do this process.
This way helps you surely to hold your visa before you come to Vietnam, but it takes a lot of time for processing (it normally takes about 5 – 7 working days to get the result) as well as it wastes your effort and time, especially in case the embassy or consulate is far away from your home.
The documents to apply visa at the embassy/ consulate depend on the requirement of the embassy/consulate. However, it normally includes:
- Application form.
- passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam and still has at least two blank pages.
- Recent passport-sized color photos (Image must be taken within the last 3 months; Photos should be in color and should be taken against a white background; Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)).
- Relating documents basing on particular embassy/ consulate request.
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Sweden
- Orby Slottsvag 26, 12571 Alvsjo, Stockholm, Sweden
- General line: +46-08-5562 1095/1077/1071
- Fax: +46-08-5562 1080
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Appying Vietnam Visa On Arrival
Visa On Arrival is the visa applying for all nationalities all over the world, coming to Vietnam for tourist purpose or business purpose, with variety length of stay and time of entry (1 month single entry, 1 month multiple entries, 3 months single entry, 3 months multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries, 1 year multiple entries).
Addvantages of Vietnam visa on arrival
- Fast (only 2 working day for basic services, and 1- 8 hours for urgent services)
- Time-saving and effort-saving (don’t have to go to the embassy/ consulate directly)
- Simple (don’t have to prepare complicated documents)
- Highly secret (personal information is kept in secret)
- Cheap (cheaper than other visa services).
Another thing you need to know is that Visa On Arrival is only valid for those who enter Vietnam via airports. At the moment, there are 6 international airports in Vietnam agreeing on this visa, included: Noi Bai International Airport in Ha Noi City, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang City, Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang City, Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island, Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong City.
How to apply Vietnam visa on Arrival?
Step 1: Fill in the form with your personal information and kinds of visa you want to apply
Step 2: Make online payment by Credit card via PayPal. After finishing to make payment, you immediately receive an email informing about your order with detailed information. Your job is to wait for the result. It takes about 2 working days for basic services or faster if you choose urgent services.
Step 3: Receive Approval letter within 2 working days. This visa approval letter helps you when you get in airplane and it’s required to show at “Landing Visa” or “Visa Upon Arrival” office for picking up your visa.
Step 4: On arrival at your destination airport, you are required to submit your visa approval letter + passport + Vietnamese visa application form, then waiting to be called for paying the visa stamping fee to get your visa.
How to use your letter of approval to claim your Vietnam visa?
- Use the printed hardcopy of the letter of approval to identify yourself when boarding a plane to Vietnam.
- Once arrived at any of the three Vietnam international airports (Tan Son Nhat, NoiBai or Da Nang), present your letter of approval at the ‘Visa on Arrival’ Office at the Vietnam embassy.
- Pay the visa service fees to have your visa stamped in your passport and handed to you immediately.
With these three steps, you now have a valid Vietnam visa and you can travel throughout Vietnam during its validity.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Malmö, Stockholm, Göteborg, Uppsala, Visby, Lund, Kiruna, Helsingborg or any cities in Sweden. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
Applying Vietnam E-Visa
This is new pilot visa system which has just official launched in February 2017. In order to apply for e-visa for Vietnam, the Swedish citizens will need to prepare a file of passport copy and recent taken photo (it should present your full face, front view, eyes open without glasses, background should be plain light colored or white). The e-visa fee (service fee and stamping fee) is paid once when the Swedish citizens apply for e-visa, thus no cash is required at arrival airport.
E-visa is good for those who travel Vietnam less than 30 days for tourist purposes. Since the visa fee is paid once when applying for visa, the travelers don’t have to bring cash for stamping fee at immigration counter therefore, the visa process at arrival airport is faster accordingly.
However, there are several countries whose citizenship are eligible for e-visa up to now.
When applying for Vietnam e-visa, please note that:
- E-visa is single entry and valid for maximum 30 days;
- Payments for e-visa applications are non-refundable;
- The applicants should check the information on e-visa again the passport to make sure there is no mistake;
- The applicants have to determine the arrival border gates or airports when applying for e-visa. Changing of arrival ports after submitting e-visa is not allowed.
To distinguish E-visa and Visa On Arrival, you can see the table as below:
|E-Visa||Visa On Arrival|
|Fee||From 40 USD (No additional fee on arrival)||From 18 USD + stamp fee for government on arrival|
|Entry Type||single entry||single entry or multiple entries|
|Purpose||Tourist or Business||Tourist or Business|
|Length of Stay||1 month||1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year|
|Processing time||Normal: 2 business days|
Urgent: rush in 8 hours
|Normal: 2 business days|
Urgent: 8 hours, 4 hours, 2 hours or 1 hour
|Allowed through||8 International airports: Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi city, Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city, Cam Ranh international airport in Nha Trang city, Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city, Cat Bi international airport in Hai Phong city, Can Tho international airport in Can Tho city, Phu Quoc international airport in Phu Quoc island, Phu Bai international airport in Hue city|
13 Land-crossing borders: Mong Cai border gate in Quang Ninh Province (border with China), Friendship or Huu Nghi border gate in Lang Son province (border with China), Lao Cai border gate in Lao Cai province (border with China), Nam Can border gate in Nghe An province (border with Laos), Cau Treo border gate in Ha Tinh province (border with Laos), Cha Lo border gate in Quang Binh province (border with Laos), Lao Bao border gate in Quang Binh province (border with Laos), Bo Y border gate in Kon Tum province (border with Cambodia & Laos), Moc Bai border gate in Tay Ninh province (border with Cambodia), Xa Mat border gate in Tay Ninh province (border with Cambodia), Tinh Bien border gate in An Giang province (border with Cambodia), Song Tien border gate in Tien Giang province (border with Cambodia), Ha Tien border gate in Kien Giang province (border with Cambodia)
7 Sea Ports: Hon Gai port in Quang Ninh province, Hai Phong port in Hai Phong province, Nha Trang port in Nha Trang city (Khanh Hoa province), Da Nang port in Da Nang city, Quy Nhon port in Quy Nhon city (Binh Dinh province), Vung Tau port in Vung Tau city (Ba Ria Vung Tau province), Ho Chi Minh port in Ho Chi Minh city
|6 International airports:1. Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi city2. Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city3. Cam Ranh international airport in Nha Trang city4. Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city5. Cat Bi international airport in Hai Phong city6. Phu Quoc international airport in Phu Quoc island|
|Eligibility||46 Countries||All Countries|
|Granted by||The Immigration Department of Vietnam (government)||The Immigration Department of Vietnam (government)|
How to apply Vietnam e-visa?
- Step 1: Fill the requirement information in the application form.
- Step 2: Pay the visa fee and get e-visa in maximum 3 – 5 working days.
- Step 3: Receive an email containing e-visa upon successful application. Please print out the e-visa, bring along with your passport to get on the plane.
- Step 4: Present your e-visa at immigration counter to get entry into Vietnam.
Notes : If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted.
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: email@example.com.